LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neven (owner)     12 November 2012

Changes in boundaries in sale deed of agri land

I have a property brought in 1991, agricultural land, boundaries of which are mentioned in the sale deed. Land adjacent to me was sold three times from one person to another. In the first sale deed my property is mentioned as one side boundary, in the second sale deed no boundaries are mentioned and in the third sale deed all discripttion as per first deed are mentioned except my property...Now the recent buyer who has brought my adjacent land is tryin to encroach in my property.

What i wanted to ask is, are such sale deeds valid . Can i ask an explanation fron the registrar or the collector.

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     13 November 2012

After your buying the land it must have been mutated with the revenue authority. If it has come to your knowlege that someone has bought the adjacent land in whose sale deed the land boundary is not mentioned then in that case immeditley approach the revenue authority with an objection praying for not to mutate the name of the buyer in the revenue records as the sale deed does not mentions the correct boundary or there is no boundary of land mentined. If the revenue authority has alrady mutated the land in their records then go for cancellation of the mutation order passed by the revenue authority.  Further make an application for demarcation of  your land.

Another option is that in some state the person who is having the adjacent plot in agricultural land has got the first preference of bying the aricultural land. If that law is applicable in your state you can approach the sub-registrar office under this law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register