Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajmohan Kurup (Technical Writer)     14 March 2011

Change of name in monthly maintenance bill

Change of name in monthly maintenance bill

Can someobdy kindly answer my question? I am in joint possession of a flat in Mumbai along with my father. We are the third ownwers of the flat. I recently moved into the flat. In the purchase agreeement on the flat mine is the first name while my father's is the second name. Till now the maintenance bills were being sent in my father's name. I requested the secretary to send the maintenance bill in my name He says that to do that I need to show him many documents. The list he gave me was:

1.  Documents pertaining to sale between first owner and second owner

Resale agreement copy between first owner and second owner

Loan NOC/Clearance if any

T/P, T/F and membership fee receipt copy

full and final payment receipt copy

2. Second owner to me:

Loan NOC/Clearance if any

T/P, T/F and membership fee receipt copy

share certificate original

My question is why do I need to produce all these documents again when the flat is already in my name? All I am asking is to make the maintenance bill in my name because I need there to get my electricity bill transferred from the previous owner to me. And I am the first owner of the flat according to the purchase agreement. I am not even asking to change the possession from joint ownership to my name.

And is the society too not supposed to have a copy of all these documents?

I will be grateful for a reply.

Thanks

Rajmohan Kurup

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     15 March 2011

U purchase a property in joint name and if your name is first in documents like Purchaser (1) your name and (2) your father name and registered the documents in registrar office so as per documents the first name (your name) enter in every documents like - electirct bill, corporation bill, society meintenance receipt, telephone bill etc...... U give application and attach the registered document.

Rajmohan Kurup (Technical Writer)     15 March 2011

Dear Bharatji,

Thanks a lot for your reply. So what you are saying it is not necessary for me to submit the documents what my secretary asked for, rightt?  Because my name is first on the purchase agreement then the society should automatically correct the monthly maintenance bill and add my name in the bill right?

Is this what you are saying?

Also for change of name in electricity bill is it ok if I submit a NOC from the society for changing the bill name to my name and a copy of the Purchase agreement with my name in it?

Thanks

Rajmohan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register