Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sana (none)     31 January 2015

Change of date of birth as correct birth certificate found.

Hi,

i need to change my father's date of birth as we have found his correct birth date, after 55 years of using the date of birth mentioned on his school certificate.

but 2 years back when we were searching for his birth certificate, we never found and due to the criticality of the situation we filed a case in the court asking to issue a birth certificate based on his passport, which is the incorrect year and date as mentioned on his school certificates. just recently we found out that my father's looking for in the wrong year and he is actually a year younger than what was mentioned on his school certificate. So we went a searched in the previous year and we found it!!! 

Now we want to change all his documents to the correct one. Is there a law? Some sector? Some rule in the Indian law for this change? We hired the same lawyer who helped us initially for filing the issue of birth certificate 2 years back, but after 3 hearings by the court now the judge says he needs to double check which law or rule fits in our situation! 

We need to get an order from the court to delete/cancel/discard his old birth certificate which was issued by the court based on some school certificates and witnesses and accept the new birth certificate which is issued by the city corporation.

Can anybody help me file this case in the correct way so that the judge doesn't keep postponing it?

thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register