Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Ganesan   27 October 2015

Change of date of birth

Dear Sir,

Presently I am working in a Private Bank.  As per school cerftificate my date

of birth given by my parent as 15/4/1960, earlier days Birth Certificate is not mandatory.

My actual date of birth is 24/8/1961, due to the mistake my service got affected for

18 months. As per bank service retirement age is 58 , as per the DOB updated in office record

I am getting retired in April 2018.  

I am having the following documents for correct Date of Birth

i) Pan Card   (ii) Driving License  (iii) Aadhar Card

(iv) Parent''s Notarized Affidavit

(v) Family Horoscope

Bank is not accepting the above documents, Kindly advise to proceed further

Whether Birth Certificate can be applied (or) Declaration suit can be initiated , if it so

your full and detailed guidance is solicited.

Thanks

Ganesan S

Learning

3 Replies

Ankit   27 October 2015

Dear S Ganesan,

Apply for Birth certificcate first with the necessary changes with all the Required details.

If it is not changed then.you can proceed for Declaration suit [Final remedy]

First you make use of alternative remedy if not the you can  Go for final remdey safer side even in court if asked you can say that you have already done with  all the alternative remedies.

Hire a local Adovcate in case you are going to for Declaration suit

This is for information sake only.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2015

Date of birth cannot be changed now. Birth certificate is not required now. SSC is evidence for your date of birth proof. SSC cannot rectified now.

siddhartha sinha   30 October 2015

Mr S Ganesan. Several such cases come to light towards the end of service life. In your case your representation to your employer is belated and way beyond a reasonable time. The documents you mentioned are not conclusive at all. Evem if you try for a declaration suit it is likely to be rejected. Reason- such requests should not be seen only from the point of view of employee concerned but keeping a view of the entire organisation. It will create disturbance in the normal working. Others also have aspirations regards to promotion which might be dampened if your case is allowed. Alsp it is quite possible that at the time of recruitment this apparent seniority of yours helped you secure this job. Often candidates senior by age are preferred over youngers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register