Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Change of Date of Birth in Passport

Hi,

I need to change my date of birth in my passport. The date of birth mentioned in my passport is my actual date of birth, but according to my all other records (educational records/degree certificates/birth certificate) my date of birth is different. I want to change my date of birth in my passport as well to match my other certificates. I need to do this change as I shall be immigrating to US shortly. Please advise on the procedure. 

Learning

21 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     30 June 2009

Dear Selushi

You have to apply to the RPO with your original passport along with an affidavit and  a copy of proof of  the DOB certificate which you intend to change. However under the existing rules you shall be fined of Rs 1,000 for the change.

(xiii)

If applicant gives wrong information regarding his date of birth / place of birth (minor changes)

1000/-

syed zakiruddin (quality engineer)     02 November 2009

sir,

i noticed your message on 30 june 2009 regarding change of year of birth in passport.

Kindly advice me whether court  order required or not? to change year of birth in passport 

vinit desai (unemployed)     25 April 2011

How do I go about changing DOB on passport. I do not have any birth certificate. I had given school certificate while making passport. Which had DOB of 1977 whereas actually I was born in 1979. To get admission in school it was mentioned as 1977 as my DOB. Now today when I realize the mistake of my parents to get me admission in school is making retire 2 years early from job.

rajesh kulkarni (Lawyer/Advocate Hyderbad 7799116901)     27 April 2011

@ Vinit Desai:

1st u approach ur town municipal authorites who ll be having enteries of date of births.......... along with your parents name for confirmation.......... you get that copy then submit it with an pasport correction application availalbe in passport office........ In one of the decisions of Hon'ble HIGH COURT OF ANDHRA PRADESH it has been observed that if  the difference in DOB mentioned in your passport and tat of your actual DOB u can directly submit an application for the same.............. 

Rajesh (CON)     29 April 2011

Hello All

I am in the same Boat. I actually sent a e-mail to the Passport Helpdesk and called them as well.There repeated replies have been to bring a court order from First Class Judicial Magistrate/Sub Divisional Magistrate

1.Can I file a petition based on a e-mail reply from Passport office or Do I need to go to there office get a objection letter.

2.Who will be party to this case.

3.What can I do expedite my case.

Thanks,

Alok

naag (law officer)     28 June 2011

Hello All

I am in the same issue facing so far, that i need to change my date of birth in my passport. The date of birth mentioned in my passport is not my actual date of birth, but according to my all other records (educational records/degree certificates/birth certificate) my date of birth is different. I want to change my date of birth in my passport according to my other certificates. Please advise on the procedure. is it necessory to file a petition before 1st class judicial magistrate or any other source is availble

2.Who will be party to this case.

3.What can I do expedite my case.

M. NAGA RAJU

HYDERABAD

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     02 July 2011

The Passport issuing authorities are empowered to decide the matter with reference to the school certificates. The link may throw light

Attached File : 15197 191319 59 date of birthpassporthc.doc downloaded: 3195 times

cds (NA)     11 August 2011

Hi,

I need to change my date of birth in the passport which has expired in march 2011.

The date of birth documents submitted during passport application was my church certificate which is wrong.

I have school certificate which has the correct date of birth in additional to that the error made in the school certificate for the name spelling has been rectified through government.

Can you advise me how to proceed for change in the date of birth?

Is it possible to make such changes?

Thanks

Dharshan (tse)     20 September 2011

hi,

even i have same problem

my passport was issued with my original date of birth(19-8-1990) in 2001 when i was minor, now my passport is expired

i want to apply for renewel with change in dob as per my sslc marks card(08-04-1990) i saw in passport application form that if the change in dob is more than 2 years then only i have to bring order from court as you can see since my difference is only 4 months , i think i dont have to goto court , do you think what i thought is correct ? please reply to this post i really need help

(Guest)

Hi. My cousin is having problem with her birth certificate and hence she cannot apply for passport. Her problem is, she was born on 26 June 1990 and it is the DOB in her birth certificate, but in all her school and other certificates her birthdate is given as 26 May 1990. She has a job offer and needs to be done with her passport immediately. Is there a way to change the birth date in birth certificate to 26 May 1990 so that we can avoid changing date in all other certificates. I contacted many people but dint get any solution. And how to go about this problem. Whom should we contact and i need to know the procedure of changing if it can be done. 
Thank you in advance.

adp (-)     28 December 2012

Hi Vinit,

Have you managed to change DOB in passport?  Please let us know. Thanks

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     28 December 2012

adp:

What is your case. Are you with similar facts.

Rajesh Kulkarni

adp (-)     30 December 2012

My case is DOB in :

1) passport is "15-Feb-YYYY" 

2) birth certificate is "01-Mar-YYYY"

3) school leaving certificate is "15-Feb-YYYY"

4) actual DOB is "15-Mar-YYYY"

"YYYY" is same in all above.

I want to make "15-Mar-YYYY" as my DOB on all documents. How do I do it?

Any Lawyer from Maharashtar/Ratnagiri to take this case.

snigdha (excutive)     05 November 2013

Hi, sir/madam,

Sub: change of date of birth 

I’m having 2original 10th memos one is ranga reddy dist, dob-18-10-1983 (September 1999)which is compartmental, another one is mahaboob nagar dist, dob-16-07-1985 (march 2000 in 2nd class), coming to the point when i was applied a passport, dob is 18-10-1983,10years ago, but my study was continious to inter,degree and mba was in this date of birth 16-07-1985, now i want change of my date of birth in my passport 18-101983 to 16-07-1985, and my passport was expiryed in january 2013, plz im ready to surrender  one of my 10th memo which is 18-10-1983. Please replay as soon as possible and contact number also to easy contact 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register