LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagjeet singh   23 June 2015

Change in designation without notice.

I am working in the company since jan, 2010 as project manager. But all of a sudden my designation was changed to Dy. Manager in the month of may 2014 without giving any reason. This I came to know through our pay portal. I have raised this issue to my HR through mail and given reminder also but I have not recd any reply. 

I would like to know what action should I take.

thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2015

What does the change in designation implies: Re-designation, Demotion, Promotion etc?

Is HR competent to do so?

Who maintains the Pay Portal: Payroll, HR?

Who has to authorize to any change in pay portal?

If HR is not responding then don’t remain entangled with HR. HR personnel are just another employee like you.

Escalate to good offices of appointing authority, MD, Chairman (and make them a party) and proceed further after getting a reply.

Do you have a copy of HR policy, Service rules and regulations etc mentioned in appointment letter?

Download copy of all policies/rules etc and preferably attach these with communication sent by you.

Such matters are personal and can be sent from personal email id and may be sent preferably by letter thru Redg. Post.

You may also download any other fact, document etc that is relevant and useful to you.

If there is any employee’/Trade Unions/GRC/Works Committee then you can approach them too.

You are in the organization and closest to the facts and if you smell any foul play firm up your next venture ASAP, and approach your Labor Law Consultant/Service Matters  Lawyer/Law firm NOW and proceed further under thier expert guidance!

jagjeet singh   23 June 2015

tks for your quick reply, further I would like to update you that our company was taken over be another group and there was a meeting held up of top management to have a rationale in designations as there was a lot of desigantions exist earlier so new management wanted to rationalise.

But still Project manager designation  exist for other employees. There was no communication sent to me regarding this.

thanks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2015

You have posted that:

“But still Project manager designation exist for other employees.”

Apparently you are not chosen alongwith other employees.

You need to understand what is it in your case; Demotion/Promotion?

You need to defend your interest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register