Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chitra Sharma (Executive - HR)     31 March 2008

Change in PT - Gujarat

Dear All

I got to know there is some change in the Professional Tax related laws in Gujarat. Can anybody brief me about the same & the new slab of PT. Could you send me the article related to the same.

Thank U

Chitra

Learning

6 Replies

Guest (n/a)     01 April 2008

Dept., are planning to change, the new slab rate is change from Rs.1500/- to Rs. 5000/-., but there is no such any official decleration If you have got any please sent me the detail with GO no. Thanks Azmath

azmathullah (Accounts Manager)     01 April 2008

Dept., are planning to change, the new slab rate is change from Rs.1500/- to Rs. 5000/-., but there is no such any official decleration If you have got any please sent me the detail with GO no. Thanks Azmath

Chitra Sharma (Executive - HR)     01 April 2008

Ok. But i need the PT for salaried persons. I will surely let you know.

Chitra Sharma (Executive - HR)     02 April 2008

Hi! Azmathullah If u are from ahmedabad then u can go thru today sandesh or gujarat samachar all the changed slabs have been given in that. And for the salaried person the PT would be Rs 200 for salary above 12000 and the remaining slab would be the same.

Rajesh Thakker (Advocate)     25 April 2008

Before the amendment, the Professional tax was collected by the Sales-tax Department. Now, same wll be collected by local authorities. The Income of the PT will be local authority. Second change come to rate of tax. The rate of tax will be fixed by each body of local authority. It may happen that the rate of PT variy to village to vilage or town or city.

Arihant AC (Legal Advisor)     25 April 2008

The PT Slab for Gujarat Region Employees is upto Rs.2999/- PT is Nil, From Rs. 3000/- to 5999/- PT is Rs. 20/-From Rs. 6000/- to 8999/- PT is Rs.80/- From Rs. 9000/- to 11999/- PT is Rs. 150/- & From Rs.12000/- & above PT is Rs. 200/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register