LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinmayi (IT Professional)     09 May 2013

Change date of birth in passport

Hi- I have a urgent issue and need some help direction from the lawyers forum. I need to get date of birth changed on my father's passport. The passport has his DOB as per his School leaving certificate which is incorrect by 2 days, We now have his Birthcertificate and urently need to get it corrected in the passport as per the BC. Its currently holding up his Visa for travel to newzealand. We have contacted regional passport office Mumbai and they are not helping.

Appreciate any help this forum can provide

Learning

5 Replies

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

hi

dont show tenth mark sheet now..ur father is more than 50 yrs na??just show your birth certificate and ask them to change it by give an affidavit..

if they dont do, then try changing your birth certificate as per passport

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2013

Ms Priya advised

dont show tenth mark sheet now..ur father is more than 50 yrs na??just show your birth certificate and ask them to change it by give an affidavit..

this forum generally does not advise such plan.

if they dont do, then try changing your birth certificate as per passport.

this form does not generally advise people to manufacture falsified papers

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

Pls don't misrepresent my words, I said it try changing it in birth certificate through court order, I was not telling to get falsified certificate.. There is a provision to apply a case in corporation building. I meant that, not getting fake ones. Hope it it clear

kriti agrawal (self)     20 September 2013

isha (nione)     15 June 2014

Hi This is Isha. I had an indian passport which got lost . The agent said he will give it back but never did. I didnt file an FIR as well. It was lost in year 1988. Now I have another passport with different DOB only year is changed with 1 year accidently. THe agent who did that has died recently as well. I never used this passport to go anywhere as I was scared but I didnt know what to do as well. This new passport has also expired 5-6 years back. What can I do now. What would be the penalities If I want to make another passport with my original dob. Earlier on when this passport with my wrong dob was made we didnt have to give any proofs so It was only in form and agent who filed for my passport made a mistake but It was my fault too that I didnt get it changed that time. Pls Help me I m scared I hope I havent done much damage, I was just not responisble and litterate enough. I am only 12 th standard passed harly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register