Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

snrao (Graduate)     13 March 2014

Chainese tablet pc

Please help me in some clarification.

I happened to pay for ONDA Tablet PC online using Paypal account about 275 USD.  The item arrived at my place with a customs duty levied by Chennai Postal (AIR) an amount of Rs 5,472/- which I feel extremely high. 

May I please know from informed people, whether it is the reasonable tax or, do I have a reason for grievance and I should contest the Customs Duty by Chennai Appraisers?  Or should I accept it though with a heavy heart and pay up?

If I have a ground to contest, please let me know the best way to follow it up.

truly yours,

snrao

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 March 2014

• In many countries, for single items, postal shipping is a simple way to reduce or eliminate import taxes.

• However, shipping by air mail is not necessarily a guarantee of avoiding such taxes

snrao (Graduate)     13 March 2014

shipping by air mail is not necessarily a guarantee of avoiding such taxes.:)

I never intend to avoid taxes or customs duty. The actual cost of the ONDA Tablet PC is, $ 241.78.  It could be of dubious quality and has no good reviews so far.  In fact, I have taken great risk in paying for it online.

My contention is, whether the duty levied is in accordance with the customs laws or, due to some error in assessment value (Rs 40k instead of 17k) of the tablet while scanning, they imposed such a high duty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register