LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagarajan (Consultant)     26 February 2015

Chain of agreements

I purchased a resale flat in a cooperative hsg society in Mumbai in 1977. I entered into an agreement with seller, and we both signed all forms of the society and the flat was transferred to my name. I did not take the chain of agreements from the seller. Concept of photocopy was not there in 1977

I am thinking of selling my flat now. Prospective buyers need chain of agreements which I do not have. NOr the Society has them. 

How to resolve the issue now.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     26 February 2015

kindly go to the sub-registrar office/taluk office / Mumbai municipality, whichever applies to your area and take certificed copies from the offices by applying for the same. you will get it. 

In case you have no idea about the previous transactions occurring relating to the flat, please take an encumbrance certificate first, for a few years before you purchased the flat. You will get the entire history till date, then you can take the certified copies.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 February 2015

You can inspect the concerned Registrar's office  records with details available directly or through an agent. The will provide the registered documents copy or extract  on payment of charges.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     28 February 2015

Go through your present Agreement of Sell and find out previous seller. Else take 7/12 extract or CTS and go to Tahasildar Office or Sub-registrar office to find out old seller of the sail property, if property is registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register