LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.N.VERMAS (lecturer )     12 December 2013

Cerificates under rti

ONE OF MY RELATIVE DUE TO SOME PERSONAL DISPUTE HAS SEEKED ALL MY  EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION CERTIFICATES UNDER RTI. HE HAS NOT ATTACHED ANY OF HIS IDENTITY PROOF AND ADDRESS PROOF WITH HIS APPLICATION. AND HE HAS NOT MENTIONED ANY REASON FOR MY CERTIFICATES. EVEN I AM A PRIMARY TEACHER AND NOT P.I.O.

1. CAN ANY BODY SEEK THE CERTIFICATE COPIES OF A THIRD PARTY UNDERE RTI ?

2. ARE CERTIFICATES NOT THE PERSONAL INFORATION OF A THIRD PARTY ?

3. THE PERSON WHO IS NOT A PIO, BOUND TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION ?

4. IS IT NECESSARY TO GIVE THE REASON TO SPECIFY THE REASON TO SEEK SOMEBODY'S PERSONAL INFO ?

5.  HOW SHOUD I DEAL THIS ?

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

1) The information sought is a personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest and amounts to invasion of privacy, Hence, Under Section 8 (j) of Right to Information Act, you can claim exemption from disclosure.

2) A person seeking information under RTI Act need not give reasons while seeking information.

Shobhit Chauhan (Founder/President)     14 December 2013

hi!

If you are a government employee, anyone can seek your documents which you have submitted to the govt at the time of joining or any time later. There was a CIC Order saying that once the documents have been submitted to the public authority, they are public documents and anyone can seek them. 

Even if the documents are considered as Third Party Information, you will be asked by the PIO whether to provide the information or not. If you refuse, and the applicant files an appeal, you will have to prove why you do not want to disclose the information. 

Shobhit Chauhan

chauhanshobhit24@gmail.com

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 December 2013

you said

HE HAS NOT ATTACHED ANY OF HIS IDENTITY PROOF AND ADDRESS PROOF WITH HIS APPLICATION.

reaction  No need

AND HE HAS NOT MENTIONED ANY REASON FOR MY CERTIFICATES.

reaction  No need

EVEN I AM A PRIMARY TEACHER AND NOT P.I.O.

reaction  You transfer RTI application to PIO under section 6.  In any case you are public official.

1. CAN ANY BODY SEEK THE CERTIFICATE COPIES OF A THIRD PARTY UNDERE RTI ?

Ans   Yes.  Otherwise how can one unearth irregularity in recaruitment.

2. ARE CERTIFICATES NOT THE PERSONAL INFORATION OF A THIRD PARTY ?

Ans No you have submitted the certificates to Govt and are part of public record.

3. THE PERSON WHO IS NOT A PIO, BOUND TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION ?

Ans   read RTI Act.

4. IS IT NECESSARY TO GIVE THE REASON TO SPECIFY THE REASON TO SEEK SOMEBODY'S PERSONAL INFO ?

Ans   Not at all.

5.  HOW SHOUD I DEAL THIS ?

reaction  If your recruitment is based on forged/fradulent/ inadmissible certificates then beg for mercy of the person (well in time)

how many threads you will open separately on one issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register