LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhakrishnan (BPO)     30 November 2010

Cell Phone torture

I am recieveing a torture through mobile of unknown user calling and disturbing me of using bad words etc. Can i file a complaint in Cyber crime??

please guide me how to file??

waiting for reply

Learning

10 Replies

Ravindra C (Professional - Verifications and Forensics)     30 November 2010

You can file a case in nearest police station under section 509. Its a very simple process. But before filing a case think of all possibilities of your friends of known persons doing it. Thanks

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 November 2010

File a complaint before the police station and also lodge the complaint to the customer care

2 Like

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     30 November 2010

I agree with Rajeev

Dr.Gaurang N. Gandhi (legal)     30 November 2010

it can be treated as cyber crime!

you can simply file a complaint to police station or direct to JMFC.

regards 

GAURANG GANDHI

Ramachandran (Vedic Scholar)     01 December 2010

I too receiving lot of SMSs at least 10 per day from a same trader. When I am travelling out of state these SMSs are forwarded after detucting the forward charges.  Please advice to whome should I complain.

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     01 December 2010

Now recently Govt  30.11.2010 G.O. passed, who ever unwantedly call to the customer and un wanted sms for the purpose of the official marketing and loan and sales he will be fined up to 7 lkhs, meanwhile you  complaint to your cell connection customer care, regarding that your problem. 

Struggle For Justice (Self Employed)     01 December 2010

please give a complaint in your police station

Ramachandran (Vedic Scholar)     01 December 2010

Thank you for your suggessions Lawers. Will write a letter To My  cell phone operator.

(Guest)

SIR,

KINDLY NOTE THAT.

1.YOU MAY COLLECT SUPPORTING EVIDENCE AND FILE A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT TO THE CYBER CRIME BRANCH OF YOUR AREA.AND ALSO TO THE LOCAL AREA POLICE STATION.

2.YOU MAY ALSO SEND DETAILS TO YOUR MOBILE / PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER AND INFORM THEM TO TAKE APPROPRIATE STEPS.

GOOD LUCK.

Deepak Vasudevan (Tech Architect)     28 June 2011

You have mentioned about 'unknown user'. Does that mean CLIP is suppressed? I think in India CLIR is not available for everyone unless you provide a statutory request to the telephone operator.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register