Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Ce is being postponed thrice for a civil partition case

Hi 

In a partition civil case ,I m  the defendant ,my advocate has cross examined the petitioner and his/her witness and the witness CE has been closed.

Now when my turn came the pettitoner advocate keep on postponing my CE .He has done thrice untill now and judge is asking to pay fine 100 once and 200 other time which he is paying but delaying the CE is there a solution for this please help.

As I m 69 years old  and paralysed ,I have to travel 300 km to ttend the court --Please help.I beg you .

Hope some one undertstand the pain t o help me

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 November 2017

How pathetic to receive such queries in the open forum, when you have paid advocate and he can file such petitions or even ask for appointing Advocate commissioner recording during your cross examination.  Take your advocate into confidence.  (I have read many queries in the forum that both advocates are hand in glove and oblige each other, as they have to continue in the same courts/bar and this affair is daily to them.)  A client can only request.  I am seeing the same position in a Court where 94 year old woman is being harassed since two years after trial has been ordered and when she is attending for deposition every time.  After order of trial, still IAs are being filed  challenging on maintenance of the case on resjudicata and limitation as defendants are many, and they are doing this to delay the proceedings.  Can not help and Judges can not be so strict

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2017

Yes, this is a general malady. The obvious solution lies in the advocates raising the bar to be the true professionals.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register