LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Murugesan S (Sr Ops Engr)     18 February 2015

Cbse 10th marksheet change of name

Dear Experts, I need your advice on one of my nagging issue within my family about an error committed by me in my son''s CBSE 10th registrations. In his mark sheet, I wrote under the father's name section C.S.Murugesan however I do not have any document proof of the same without realizing the implications however in all his and my actual certificates it is written as S.Murugesan. In my passport, it is written as Shanmugam Murugesan. Now, I am in deep trouble changing the name as I do not have any proof. Also, his school records also, I made the mistake and I do not have any  documents to prove this name as his father's name which is having an extra 'C' as a prefix (only in my passport my father's name is written as Chinnapa.... Shanmugam. Now I would be able to change my son's 12th registrations as per the school. I do not know this will affect his college admissions when they find the difference between his 10th and 12th mark sheets differing like C.S.Murugesan in 10th and S.Murugesan in 12th. The link below in CBSE states that only court of law and gazette notification can be the basis of a change. In my case, I do not have the proof for the wrong name opted by me and I don't know what to do..and I am facing serious issue within my family as it may affect his NIT or IIT admissions. Hence please guide me with your valuable suggestions on the options available. My family and I  will be grateful if someone could help us in this regard. 

https://www.cbse.nic.in/examin~1/certification1.htm 

However behind the marksheet, it is written as only changes as per the records allowed which is differing (?) from the statements in the page in the link.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,

S Murugesan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register