LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JasRaj Rajawat ( Advocate)     09 November 2013

Cbi constitution

Gauhati  High court decision  declaring  constitution of CBI as unconstitutional  is not proper and for understanding the issue in proper perspective it is necessary to understand the powers of executive and legislature under constitution. Both executive and legislature has been given powers to make law as per the division of powers  and  powers to both co exist together. The only thing is that when any legislation is passed on any point executive can not make law on that point and if there is no legislation on any subject than executive can make law on that subject and that will be constitutional valid. In this case also there in legislation on constitution of CB I therefore  constitution of C B I be  1963 resolution is perfect and there is no unconstitunility  and further more executive order is neither required assent of President or approval of cabinet . when legislation is passed than only assent of president is required.

Section 2 of DSPE Act provide authority to the CBI to function as police organization under code of criminal procedure similar to state police. The section further empower union government to set up a special police force to investigate offences and member of such force would have all powers of police officer conferred by criminal procedure code.  This issue has also been examined by Supreme court in C B I v/s Shri ravishankar srivastava criminal appeal no 36/2002 decided on  10.08.2006 by Division bench comprising of Justice Arjit pasayat and AltamasKabir.it has been decided without going in depth of the matter by division bench and it also seems that bench was not properly  assisted by the bar in this matter as this matter no more resintegra in view of the decision of Supreme court of India.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2013

There is  a proposal for the union government to appeal the matter before the Supreme court hence until the Supreme court's decision, let us not make any hasty opinion to the Gauhati High Court's judgment in this regard. 

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     09 November 2013

I have seen on Television that Supreme Court of India has stayed Gauhati High Court Judgement. Central Bureau of Investigation has been constituted by Resolution dated: 1-4-1963., issued by Ministry of Home Affairs. (Non-Statutory Body). The High Court held that the Central Bureau of  Investigation is neither an organ nor part of Delhi Special Police establishment Act, 1946 and Central Bureau of Investigation can not be treated as a Police Force Constituted under Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946. I being Advocate in my opinion Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 should be repealed and Central Bureau of Investigation Act, should be enacted by the Parliament of India.  I have not read Gauhati High Court Judgement  but in my view Gauhati High Court has opened the eyes of Parliament of India to enact Central Bureau of Investigation Act, to validate investigation. Chairman: GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES, Cell No: 9290673693 .

Kolla V. Raman (Founder Chairman of Global Lgal Services)     09 November 2013

I have seen on Television that Supreme Court of India has stayed Gauhati High Court Judgement. Central Bureau of Investigation has been constituted by Resolution dated: 1-4-1963., issued by Ministry of Home Affairs. (Non-Statutory Body). The High Court held that the Central Bureau of  Investigation is neither an organ nor part of Delhi Special Police establishment Act, 1946 and Central Bureau of Investigation can not be treated as a Police Force Constituted under Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946. I being Advocate in my opinion Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 should be repealed and Central Bureau of Investigation Act, should be enacted by the Parliament of India.  I have not read Gauhati High Court Judgement  but in my view Gauhati High Court has opened the eyes of Parliament of India to enact Central Bureau of Investigation Act, to validate investigation. Chairman: GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES, Cell No: 9290673693 .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register