Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatitsme (Technical Spel.)     25 October 2014

Caveat counter point

Hello Sir's,

I have purchased land in the year 1987 & construed the house in the year 1988.As a good though I called taken responsibility of my brother and gave shelter to him in my house, After his marriage we are staying in the ground & he is staying the first floor.

My bad, My business became very poor I am into a very bad position where I borrowed/debit money from many people and survived till now by paying only interest. Now I decided to sell my house and clear all my debits.

Now my brother came into action and started asking a share for him.

My Questions are

1)    Can he file case against me ?

2)    Can he get an stay order & stop me to sell house?

3)    Can I file caveat against him ? Will allow me to sell my house with any problem?

Please let me know if you need more information.

FYI.. All documents on my name.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 October 2014

Going by your version,if  it is your self earned property  you have all the right on earth, in the absence of any investment made by your brother in that buying process, he has no role. He is trespasser. You can file criminal case. On the contrary if he is going for a case, he is inviting problem. 

Venkatitsme (Technical Spel.)     26 October 2014

Thank you for the response.

So if I fill caveat against my brother, Can I Sell my house or is there Possibility where he can stop me to sell ?

And Also after putting caveat I can sell my house without any issues rite? I heard that after filling caveat we cant sell that property. Can you please confirm me that.

One more thing, Is there any advantage if I register the house to my son's name?

How much money we need to pay to file a caveat?

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     26 October 2014

I do not understand, why u are insisting for caveat, if it is your self earned property. By going for caveat you are inviting problems.

Venkatitsme (Technical Spel.)     26 October 2014

Y because. Now we want to sell the house to clear all my debits .. We are looking for the party.. Now he telling like "this is not only your earned it is purchased by our father , he just registered by your name". So he telling us that he will file a case and will not allow me to sell House...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register