LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Student)     30 March 2014

Cat

Respected experts I need your advice please help.

I appeared for Junior Hindi Translators exam 2013 through Staff Selection Commission Delhi and in the final result I was selected.
Educational Qualifications for this post is: B.A(Hons) in English/Hindi with Hindi/English as subsidiary/(Modern Indian Language MIL). My problem is that I have done BA(Hons) English from Delhi University and I have studied Hindi in Ist and IInd year but the problem is that in the marksheet subsidiary paper is not written and instead Qualifying paper is written and SSC is not readyto accept Qualifying paper as equivalent to subsidiary papers.

But according to a judgement given by high court (+ W.P.(C) 1520/2012 vs Sachin Gupta on 7 August, 2013) available on indiankanoon. org there are three types of subjects

(a) Core Subjects: The student shall complete successfully all the core subjects prescribed for the program to
become eligible for the award of Degree. Such courses together with their grades and credits earned should be
included in the Grade Card issued by the College at the end of each semester.
(b) Elective Subjects: The student shall further complete successfully the total credit equivalent of the elective
subjects offered in the program to become eligible for the award of the Degree. The student can choose the
subject of his/her interest from among the available credits.
(c) Mandatory Subjects: The student shall complete successfully all the mandatory courses prescribe from
time to time by the college. These subjects however do not carry any credits.

and in my case marks of Qualifying Papers are not added to final score which means it is equivalent to subsidiary paper but SSC is not ready to listen and they are denying me the job. Please advice what to do next.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

what is the problem    

what is the problem.  You could not describe your difficulty

Pankaj (Student)     31 March 2014

Thanks for your advice Mr. Sudhir.

For the post of Junior Hindi Translator Educational Qualification is this : B.A(Hons) in English/Hindi with Hindi/English as subsidiary/(Modern Indian Language MIL) which means that if you have done BA Hons in English  then you must have studied Hindi as a subsidiary paper in any of three years.

My problem is that  though I have done BA (hons) in English and studied Hindi as a paper in Ist and IInd year but SSC is not accepting my educational qualifications for this job. They are saying that Subsidiary paper is not written  in my marksheets, instead of subsidiary papers, qualifying paper is written in my marksheets but according to the citation available on indiankanoon.org (+ W.P.(C) 1520/2012 vs Sachin Gupta on 7 August, 2013)  subsidiary subjects are those subjects in which marks are not added to the final score. You have to just pass these subjects. They are not added to your final score for grades.

In my case both papers in which I have studied Hindi are qualifying papers. Marks of these papers are not added to final score for grades which further proves my points that they both qualifying and subsidiary papers are same but only having different names.

But SSC is not ready to listen to me and they are saying that I am ineligible for this job and they have cancelled my candidature. Don't you think injustice is being done to me .Please advice what to do next. Can i approach CAT for solution of my problem.

Thanks

SO you did not pass subsidiary paper in Hindi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register