LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ady   25 June 2017

Caste rectification

My actual caste is Nayinda (BC), but for certain reasons of aversion to this caste, my grandparents gave caste as Naidu (forward caste) in my father's certificates. And the same has been continued even in my school certificates. The caste of my mother and all other relatives (i.e. father's cousins) is BC itself. Since I genuinely belong to BC, and also that the family income is very less, can I change my caste to BC in my certificates? This would be helpful for me to attain scholarships and reservations in certain exams.

Learning

3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     25 June 2017

YOu  try and you may  get OBC certificate showing your mother's and other maternal relations caste which is of  BC and get it from  collector and from any of the following  Authorities.

List of  Authorities empowered to isse /rectify caste certificate.

i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner,

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 June 2017

Caste is a question of fact than the question of how you have been named.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 June 2017

Apply to district collector for amendment in caste certificate with relevant documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register