Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Giridaran (Student)     28 August 2014

Caste of offspring born to obc mother and oc father

Hello all,

I am a native of UT of Pondicherry.

My father belongs to Hindu Brahmin community(OC) and my mother belongs to Christian Adi-Dravidar community(OBC)

They had registered their marriage in Special Marriages Act 1954. And the marriage was not accepted by both sides.

I have been brought up in the ways and traditions of my mother i.e., Christian Adi-Dravidar way of life.

But my school leaving certificate states I am a Hindu Brahmin.

And the Thasildar would not issue a OBC community certificate to me stating that I inherit my father's caste.

How can I now obtain OBC certificate ?

Learning

4 Replies

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     28 August 2014

Please understand that in India the child born out of legal wedlock gets the fathers caste as his identity. therefore you are Hindu Brahmin as per the certificates.

Hello Arpit,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes I am completely aware that naturally I inherit my father's caste.

But there is a complete incompatability because I have not at all been accepted by my Brahminic paternal relatives.

They have rejected me from their community and I was brought up in my mother's community with complete acceptance.

It is a burden on me to bear this "Brahmin" community in which no one is ready to give me a girl in marriage from that community.

In fact my sibling was married to a person belonging to my mother's community since no Brahmin were ready to accept us.

What is this IRONY? 

I want someone to help me to legally fight this case and get my right to OBC status.

Thanks.

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     28 August 2014

Giridaran, where are you based?

I am based out of Pondicherry Union territory.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register