Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D. K. sharma (computer operator)     03 January 2015

Caste certificate for married woman.

Respected sir,

From where should married women obtain CASTE AND RESIDENTIAL CERTIFICATE. either from her native place or from husband native place?

As we know that same caste in different states have been kept under different category. Like in some state it has been kept in OBC, MBC and in some state it has been placed under ST.

Please kindly provide me detail rules of state for getting reservation benefits.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 January 2015

from the office of local Tahasildar office for caste & residential certificates. If you are belongs to Telangana/A.P. states, you can apply at e-seva  or meeseva centres at your residential area

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2015

married woman has the same caste status as before marriage.  Not understood what do you really want to ask.  Please give details.

D. K. sharma (computer operator)     27 February 2015

Respected sir

I want to know that is a married woman of reserved category entitled to avail benefits of caste reservation in the state she is married to?

Or she is entitled to avail benefits of caste reservation in her native state if state is different from the state she is married to.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanking you!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2015

I repleat

married woman has the same caste status as before marriage.

the caste status is acquired by birth in a particular caste and caste / religion of spouce is absolutely irralevent.

Come with specific question if you have.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 March 2015

Here it is same caste marriage hence caste is determined by birth may be right. But in the case of inter-caste marriage between general category and reserved category or even between different groups within reserved category, where caste gives the advantage of reservation, criterion for the purpose of availing reservations can be different. There are several High Court and Supreme Court judgments on the subject. The principle is that whereas one cannot gain an advantage through inter-caste marriage, sometimes one can lose the advantage due to such marriage.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2015

caste status of reserved category cannot be acquired by marriage and cannot be lost by marriage in any community neither by male nor by female.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register