Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   18 November 2017

Case status cannot understand -please help

Respected Lawyers and members,

My divorce case current status reads as - Disposed

Nature of disposal - Uncontested - Restoration

and then in order it says -  The CMA no. xx/yy is disposed whereas the original suit aa/bb is restored

xx/yy and aa/bb are CMA and oriignal suit case numbers.

Can someone please advise what is the above and what does it mean...What are the options i have ?

Learning

5 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 November 2017

From the limited information given by you, it appears that The CM (Application) for restoration seems to have not been contested (opposed).  Therefore the same is disposed of by allowing the same.  Consequently, the Original Divorce Petition stands restored.  It means, the Divorce Case is still pending.

Mahadev   18 November 2017

Respected Ramachandran Sir,

Thanks so much for your reply. In my case the divorce petition was transferred from Family court of one district to the Family coourt of my wife's  uncle residence by High court by means i cannot write here.

Nonetheless, when it got transferred for the first 2 dates , my advocate did not appear and the petition was disposed of saying "Uncontested -Dismissed for default". Suddenly one day my advocate said you have to come as we have to file restoration application for divorce which i signed the application and i think that must be the CMA. After that again when i used to call up he told no progress and suddenly now one of my friend's contact just found the current case status is the one i mentioned earlier.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     18 November 2017

your case is restroed by the court .

Regards

Jaspal S Maini(Adv)

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 November 2017

Always take your advocate into confidence, and as far as possible avoid misunderstanding and trust him to extent possible.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 November 2017

Your restoration application is disposed off and your original suit is restored. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register