LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maverick   26 April 2015

Car parking allotment issue

We have recently bought and completed registration of a flat in Bangalore (in a complex of more than 30 flats). The flat will be handed over to us in a couple of days. There were many minor issues with the consulting manager who has been taking care of our dealing with the builder. This one particular time I had a disagreement/argument with the guy for asking for security deposit of Rs.15000/-  owing to possible damages that could be caused during movement of inventories while doing interior work. Post this argument the manager has been behaving like he had some personal ill will towards me and my family wherever we visit the flat.

So a few days back we were allotted covered car parking for all of us. The parking spaces are all of different sizes (mostly big and a few were small). The bigger ones can actually park a car and a couple of bikes. The smaller ones have issues like a pillar right in front and one at the back which makes it hard for those who got such parking to take a reverse and exit out. I have been allotted on of the smaller parking slots.

These are my questions:

1. Is it legally right for the builder to randomly allot parking slots in no particular order.

2. Is it legally right for one house owner to receive parking slots of bigger size and the others of smaller size although all of us have paid the same amount. 

3. I own a 3 bedroom flat. Is it right for me to ask why 2 bedroom flats are provided with bigger car parking spaces than a 3 bedroom flat?

4. Is there any specific minimum size limit for a car parking slot?

5. Am I even right about questioning the random allotment of the parking spaces?

P.S - We had specifically paid Rs. 2,00,000/- for our car parking space. The agreement or sale deed does not have any mention of the size of the car parking size.

Learning

2 Replies

hemanth   26 April 2015

As such parking space is free space n shd b given equally u can contact apartment manager n try solving it or take in writing n then file case

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 April 2015

Car parking space is a complicated issue and most States do not have clear laws. You are saying that car parking spaces have not been mentioned in the sale deeds. It means the car parking spaces have not been sold to anybody. In such a situation, after all the flats have been sold, the owners as a group should decide as to whom which parking lot should be allotted. The parking lots can be allotted to members on a permanent basis on a lump sum payment or it can be on payment of a monthly parking fees. As there can be conflicting claims some criteria will have to be fixed to decide which parking lot should go to whom. If the conflicting claims could not be resolved, it could probably be decided by taking lots. Someone has to do all these. You should form an association. In any case you will need an association for common services and to look after the common areas and facilities. There has to be a "government". Otherwise it will be anarchy and a free for all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register