Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WgCdr AK Singh (Indiv)     06 October 2013

Car company refusing to provide service

Dear all,

1. I have a 2003 model Opel Astra petrol car, which is registered in Delhi.

2. I got the car retrofitted with LPG kit from an authorised agent in Delhi and got the same endorsed in the car's RC and insurance.

3. The car has developed some snag. However, the company [General Motors/ Chevrolet] is refusing to attend to my car with the reason that LPG fitment in Opel Astra has not been validated by the company; and my car has been 'tampered' by fitting an LPG kit.

4. I have written to the VP of the company, but the company maintains its stand. The Govt of India's relevant depts have allowed LPG fitment in Opel Astra, and that's why the same has been authenticated by its endorsement in the RC of the car.

5. What can be done now ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rohan Sumungal (na)     06 October 2013

Serve the company a legal notice (engage a lawyer for this - action is always expedited if the notice is printed on a lawyers letterhead). Failing any action, file a complaint before your jurisdictional consumer forum.

Best of luck.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     06 October 2013

When you go to service centre just unplug the l p g kit ! Still they are not serving then file complaint before consumer forum

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     06 October 2013

After services you can plug the kit again! Company is liable to serve your but the original part not alter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register