Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpreet Singh (ABC)     05 January 2015

Car challan in noida

Hi Respected members,

Today (5-Jan-15), traffic police cut my traffic challan (file attached) for not wearing seat belt of car in Noida near Indian Oil building (near Gol Chakkar). 

The traffic police said the fine amount for not wearing seat belt is 2500/- . Is that True ?

Secondly could you please guide me where and when can i bear the fine for that (traffic police was saying i can go to court one day after for bearing this fine)?

Thanks a lot,

Harpreet Singh

Learning

3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     06 January 2015

Challah attached is NOT for not wearing Seat belt but for ignoring the Stop Sign ( maybe a red light ) -as is clearly showing in the Challan itself !

Section 119 / s. 177 of Motor Vehicles Act has been rightly imposed. Fines for this were being increased - it used to be Rs. 100 but check the latest status.

You could have settled on the spot by paying this fine. Now you have to appear in the designated Traffic Offences court in Noida and pay up.

1 Like

Harpreet Singh (ABC)     06 January 2015

Thanks for the reply Hardeep!

But i had not disobeyed any traffic signal or any red light. I was just not wearing the seat belt.

I don't know why he has mentioned the wrong reason for challan. 

Could you please let me know from your sources the location of the court for bearing the fine in noida and also the time when can i visit the court?

Your information will be quite valuable to me.

Again Thanks!

Hardeep (Business)     08 January 2015

This may be of some help :

https://www.noidatrafficpolice.org/contact.html

Sorry  don't have any direct " sources

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register