Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishwas (ENgineer)     30 October 2013

Car accident,nobody hurt,only vehicles damaged

Hello Sir/Madam

I was going to make arrangement for a family function and was waiting in my car on a signal to turn green.At the same time there was a car on the right side.The road was curved to the left and when signal turned green.all vehicles had to turn left.But when i wanted to turn left. two wheelers were passing there and I had to stop.but the guy right side of me brushed his car to mine.he further brushed and overtook my car . as a result his left doors and my front right side of bumper was damaged.But no body was injured or any other property was damaged 

But now this guy is claiming that i have hit him from behind and was claiming 50k compensation !

Which of course I was not ready and we went to the nearest traffic police station,there all negotiations with him failed and we both booked cases against each other on section 279

So the vehicles were seized and after 2 days the family functions was finished  and I moved around for a day and made necessary formalities to get back my vehicle with my dad as guaranteer

Now the chargesheets have been filed and I have recieved summons on case filed by me against him.But no info about his case on me

Now since I am a salaried person with no experience in court and law,I will find it difficult to move around taking leave from my job for court proceedings , some people suggested that I could accept I am guilty and pay the fine and finish his case against me though I am at not fault,just to escape the proceedure.But if I do that then Does it not mean that he can point out this ? and maybe use this fact against me when He has to come for case by me on him ? and maybe put a defamation case on me ?

Also what could be the worst outcome of this case, suppose I lose both the cases ? (my DL,insurance and all papers are ok,no problems)

I would be really gratefull If someone could kindly advice me regarding this

thanks and regards

Vishwas

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register