Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prety   23 September 2016

Cancelling sister

Hi All,

We have fixed marriage for my sister in the month of Feb 2017. Engagement was carried out from Bride's side in the month of July This Year. Later we found that the Guy's character was not good. Inspite of my sister checking the same with him he said he was a teatotler. but when cross checked the same we came to know he used to smoke n drink. So we called the grooms family and said we are cancelling the wedding as my sister does not like ur sons lifestyle , and kept forward many accusations on him, For which they did not have any response, Just walked out of our house. After 5 days that boy's father came back to my house with a huge statement of expense from his side and claiming the money completely from us. Though they had spent on mandapam, food, and dresses from their side. We also have blocked marriage hall, Engagment dresses for their family and 60 plates of seer varisai from fruits to nuts to chocolates. Now his father came home with some one out of his family and warned my parents to settle the money, If not he would bring people to create problem. They have also retured the used clothes that we gave for engagement, But they will not accept the same from us it seems, We need to give them only money. Insipte of informing the Grooms father to come home after a telephone call to my mother. They came without notice. My parents were alone at home.

Can someone please help me how to take it legally. We are ready to compensate (Mutually adding both side expenditure and spillting the cost equally) as there are losses from both sides . But there are no proper details of their expense just a excel statement. 

Learning

3 Replies

Prety   23 September 2016

Thanks for your reply. But the problem(Groom's Father) is they are demanding huge expense statement not supported by bills to us, As they organized the engagement. We have also booked marriage hall n other engagement expense from our end(Brides Side). Also they came to my house with some unknown person, who did not even come to engagement and threatened my parents. We are Ok in settling the amount of both sides equally. IS this correct or should we bare all the expense as they say. Am girls sister.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2016

Is it the same query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Cancelling-marriage-after-grooms-character--617516.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2016

You are unable to drive th discussion and defend your interest.

Record (audio/visual/witnessed/minuted).

Your offer is  not bad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register