Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (none)     09 November 2011

Cancellation of sale deed

hello people,

I have purchased a Agriculture land and i have registered it on my name on March 2011. i have also paid the amount in full through cash and cheques.

recently i filed my last 2years taxes also. in that i have noticed that i have more than 2lakhs of other income other than agriculture.

now i want  to cancel the sale deed and register the same to other party before i get a notice from the AC court.

can cancellation of sale deed is possible?

please advise.

thank you..

Learning

2 Replies

Rameshchandran (Legal Assistant)     12 November 2011

Dear Friend,

You are barred to purchase agriculture lands and if you purchase the same in contravention of that rule, a notice will be issued from AC court and proceedings will be intitiated under sec.79 (a) & 79 (b) of the land Accusition Act. If they intitiate the proceedings and proved that you have purchased the said agriculature land in contravention of the provisions of the Land accusition Act, the land will be taken over by the state and there is no provision for re-registration of the same in anybodies name.

So if you wanted to do something, pls initiate the action before getting the notice from Ac's office

Thanks & regards

Ramesh Chandran

M. A. Khan (advocate)     18 November 2011

No once sale deed is registered and possession is delivered, than cancellation is not possible. if u cancel the same than u need to pay stamp duty again as it will be treated as reconvyance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register