Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bab (self)     20 April 2014

Cancellation of engagement by bride's family

Dear Experts,

My problem is very different.

I need your valuable suggestion regarding my marriage problem.

I was engaged with bride on mar/14 by mutual understanding of me, bride and our both families in presence of our relatives and marriage mediator  and marriage date(May/14) was also finalized on engagement date as per Hindu tradition and culture in restaurant.

At the time of marriage discussions, bride’s father himself offered some properties as a gift to her daughter and some money for our marriage expenses. We also offered gold to bride for marriage which costs equal to some money which offered by her father.

Before engagement, bride’s father gave us half of some money for marriage expenses by mutual understanding in presence of relatives and marriage mediator.

After my engagement, I tried to talk to bride but she was very reserved and shy and not talking freely. After one week I told the same to her father and he said she is childish and not exposed very much. The same I asked him before engagement date fixed. He said everything is ok.After few days she was also not interested to talk to through phone. Then I started send messages through mobile but then also she was not that much interested to reply me.I told her through messages about freely talking plenty of times and also said to her father so many times but she was not changed her mentality.

After 40 days of engagement and before 2 weeks of marriage , her father told that they want to cancel the marriage due to horoscopes are not matching and if she will marry me, she will face lot of problems in future as their astrologer said.

My family has reputation in society and we have lot of relatives. We already said to all about my marriage. But bride family dropped marriage due to horoscope mismatch.

I feel now that my marriage life was spoiled due to cancellation of engagement and ours is very traditional family. It is not that much easy to marry another girl practically and also my family dignity was spoiled in society. We all are requested bride’s father. But he refused.

I and my family want to get justice from bride’s family. We want to fight legally to punish them.

Request you pl suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Learning

3 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     20 April 2014

@Bab - be a man, be relieved that she did not like you or the match/marriage. If she would have married you she would have created a host of issues for you physical/mental after marriage. You would have been an another victim of false 498/DV/MC cases. Talk to them amicably and get out of this fuss. Marry a girl who is interested. Do not ruin your life thinking of legal angle.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2014

There is nothing you can take any legal action against them for breaking the engagement ties.  It is not like a contract that have been breached.  If you have any issue about the money transaction, settle the issues amicably and say a big good bye so that the issue should not get prolonged unnecessarily with a legal  tangle dangling to remind the bitter experiences of the past.

Yadanand Legal help (maintenance divorce remarriage = yourscrew@gmail.com)     24 April 2014

It is just your male ego hence seeking legal action.

And why you do not  understand that the even the other side has loss of face, reputation and future problems for marriage etc.

As advised by GAUTAM  you are lucky to come out of future problems otherwise rest of your life would have gone in courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register