Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankara   29 January 2016

Can you please advice to get property

Sir,

Greeting !

can you plz advice me on this propery(Land),

my grandfather had self earned property(Land) and patta also.My grandfather has 8 children namely my father,one uncle and six aunts.Now , My grandfather  no more(died @ july 2008) and My grandmother living with my father. is any possible to transfer this land to my father ?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     29 January 2016

Your father is entitled to only 1/9th share in the property. If your grand mother gifts her share to your father then he would be entitled to 2/9th.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 January 2016

If your grandfather died intestate, then the property shall be diveded into 9 shares as said by Mr.Adv.Akhtar Ali Sheikh. and if any of his sister/all sisters, brother and mother forego their rights in favour of your father then only he can get the property. or any one of above persons forego his/her rights in your father's favour then your father be entitled for that share/shares.

Santosh Kumar Tiwari (advocate)     30 January 2016

Dear sir, it is quite possible but if everybody leaves the property in your favour.Legally it is possible but technically it may not.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 May 2016

1) Property is divied among all legal heir i.e.1/9th part to each family members.

2) If ur father want to transfer it on his own name then other family members need to relaese their own share in ur fatthers name. 

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register