LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RahulMAANN (Other)     20 July 2014

Can wife ask for stake in my house purchased before marriage

Hello...Pls calrify my doubt...Can my wife (Planning to give me Divorce) ask for stake in my House which is Jointly owned by me & my Mother. The house was purchased before marriage...

Rgds,

Rahul

Learning

5 Replies

Halwa Raj (STP)     20 July 2014

Yes I want to know this too... Please somebody reply...

RahulMAANN (Other)     20 July 2014

Guys...pls suggest..

Originally posted by : RahulMAANN

Hello...Pls calrify my doubt...Can my wife (Planning to give me Divorce) ask for stake in my House which is Jointly owned by me & my Mother. The house was purchased before marriage...

Rgds,

Rahul

DV Act Buster (CEO)     20 July 2014

Wife cannot ask for share in your house but if she files Domestic Violence case against you then she will be granted right to residence in your marital house by the court. You cannot remove her from the house then.....even family court will expect you to give her a house to stay in or rent as maintensnce or alimoney.

Monalisa D (none)     21 July 2014

I am not a lawyer.  This is what I am thinking,  it is possible she can get a stake in your house depending on:

1. the length of your marriage.

2. has she lived in that house since the time you two were married

3. number of kids

4. is she working or is she a stay at home mom

I am hoping you two can resolve your difference and reconcile instead of going through a divorce. God Bless

DV Act Buster (CEO)     21 July 2014

Wife cannot ask for share in your house but if she files Domestic Violence case against you then she will be granted right to residence in your marital house by the court. You cannot remove her from the house then.....even family court will expect you to give her a house to stay in or rent as maintensnce or alimoney.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register