Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sai Ram (Clerk)     01 February 2015

Can upsc reject me from selection if criminal case pending

Sir,

I need your valuable suggestion. If a case is pending against me lodged by my wife in Family Court To "Dissolve Marriage On Grounds Of Cruelty (She kept 19 points against me) ", Can UPSC reject/cancel my candidature on this ground during/after interview ?

Please suggest.

Learning

5 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 February 2015

The case of divorce in family court is not a criminal case and hence the case would not effect your selection in UPSC.

However, if the case u/s 498a is filed against you, yes you can be prevented from joining the job even if selected in UPSC.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.sahodar.in

Sai Ram (Clerk)     05 February 2015

Thank you for the reply sir. Can my candidature be rejected If 498a Case is PENDING during selection process?  Because pending means Court has not Convicted me - so Can UPSC reject candidates on ground of Pending Criminal Cases also even though they are not yet proved?

Sai Ram (Clerk)     05 February 2015

Thank you for the reply sir. Can my candidature be rejected If 498a Case is PENDING during selection process?  Because pending means Court has not Convicted me - so Can UPSC reject candidates on ground of Pending Criminal Cases also even though they are not yet proved?

One more question is - If court grants Divorce on grounds of CRUELTY - Does it amount to cancellation of my candidature?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 February 2015

as explained above only in 498a cases your candidature will be kept pending or may reject and in divorce case upsc will not take it as a criminal case

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 February 2015

Yes, UPSC can reject your candidature if 498a is pending against you. 

Pendency of criminal case affects the selection and service differently. Whereas in service you would have continued to be in service till convicted. It is not the case during selection.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.sahodar.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register