Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranit Saha (Service)     29 January 2017

Can the consumer court register the flat in this situation ?

Respected Learned Members,

With due respect ,I want to draw your kind attention on a serious fact for solution  that a purchaser  had entered an agreement for sale for purchasing a flat in Kolkata in June 2013. He had taken possession on March 2014 and enjoying the possession of the said flat with his family still now. Developer had also taken the entire amount as per sale agreement from him by Cheque & a Nationalised Bank by Draft  and issued a written possession letter in favor of him. After several times of requesting by letters to developer for registration the said flat in favor of him. But developer had not made the registered sale deed in favor of him. On the other side , the said(same) developer had sold the above mentioned flat (same) to another person instead of him (1st Purchaser) by making a registered Sale Deed in favor of him (another person/2nd Purchaser )on April 2014. So, He (1st Purchaser) has filed a case in consumer court. He prays to court to register the said flat in favor of him (1st Puchaser) . In this situation, Can the consumer court register the said flat in favor of him (1st Purchaser) ? What is it's procedure ? Please clear the problematic matter .

I am sorry to say that above topic for legal justice.

It is my question - Can Consumer Protection Act not protect a fair consumer ? 

With regards.

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 January 2017

Sir,

It will be in your interest to consult a local advocate immediately, the Consumer Forum can not help you in this matter. Proceed to take civil and criminal action against the builder immediately.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register