LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhavinkshah   27 May 2015

Can spouse be eliminated as pension nominee

I want to know If husband is alive, can he be eliminated for nomination of Proivdent Fund benefits post to the death.

My wife was a Bank employee. She has nominated my Sons who were minor.

Still they are minor.

As per my knowledge Spouse automatically becomes beneficiery of Provident fund.

Can you give me reference of Law pertaining to it.

Bhavin

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 May 2015

Form E is pertaining to nominee declaration. So nominees only are eligible for P.F. CLAIMS. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     31 May 2015

What is stated in the nomination form need not necessarily be legally valid. I know that years ago the position in law was that Provident Fund and Life insurance amount can go only to a wife irrespective of the nomination made by the husband. I do not know whether the same law is applicable in the reverse direction from wife to husband.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     01 June 2015

For every law, the why or justification is very important. The position with regard to PF mentioned by me above is for the following reasons. Young men start contributing to provident fund and take life insurance when they were still unmarried. Hence they nominate mother or sometimes father. In due course they get married.  But by default they do not change the nomination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register