Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PUSHKAR DHAWAN (PROBATIONARY OFFICER)     23 October 2014

Can speed post resignation be accepted?

Hi,

I Have been working for state bank of mysore. After 1 year of my service I got problem of tuberculosis. Due to which i was on Loss of Pay from the bank for around 8 months for which i have informed bank from time to time with my medical reports via speed post and bank email. They has not replied to any of my letter and issued me a reply after 5 months for which i have replied. i have sent my resignation now via speed post 45 days back. but till now i have got no reply or acknowledgement from them.  I live in delhi and my branch is in mangalore and head office is in bangalore.

1) Can they reject resignation sent via speed post?

2) Now can they take any disciplinary action after sending my resignation?

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 October 2014

(1) No

(2) No

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 October 2014

Obtain POD from PO (free) and certified copy of Run sheet of postman(against Rs.10). Show your appointment letter , service rules and reregulation etc to your law consultant. Resignation can be without permission and notice. Submit representation to appointing authority,MD and demand. acknowledgement and a acceptance by attaching POD. If reqd pursue thru RTI.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2014

It is a matter of an acknowledgment of your resignation tendered through speed post. Since you have a receipt for it,you need not worry about its receipt however you can get the details by tracking he delivery through internet of postal site.  Your resignation is on the medical grounds (?), then why worry so much if you have the supporting medical reports in your possession.  To be doubly confirmed take the assistance of a local counsel and proceed as per his further advise.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 October 2014

no need to enrich any counsel at this stage.

You hav enot stated mmuch fats.  EIther you are hyper or Bank is not interested to sanction any further leave and your resignation is an oppurtuinity to get rid of you  peacefully.

It is Govt sector bank and if you resign there may be atleast 500 candidates to apply for the post.  Unless you provoke them they will not be interested in rejecting resignation and then harassing you  and harassing themselves.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register