Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharma   23 March 2017

Can someone clarify meaning of a word in attestation form

Hello...

I want information regarding attestation form for police verification to be sumitted at time of joining.

Question is:

Have you ever been bound down?

What is meaning of bound down?

There was an FIR with sections 498a,420,120b,406 for which got anticipatory bail. In anticipatory bail there were some conditions like not to leave india.

Does that mean bound down?

Learning

12 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     23 March 2017

I think Bound down means kept under detention /fined/convicted by a court of law for any offence

The same point is discussed in below mention judgement of SC.

You can check it here

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/872610/?type=print

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sharma
Hello...

I want information regarding attestation form for police verification to be sumitted at time of joining.

Question is:

There was an FIR with sections 498a,420,120b,406 for which got anticipatory bail. In anticipatory bail there were some conditions like not to leave india.

Dear Sharma,

This means you were implicated in dowry case.  Chances of getting into police force will be bleak if you get convicted, with conditional bail given to you what is status of dowry case ??

Sharma   24 March 2017

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Hello...

Question is:

Dear Sharma,

This means you were implicated in dowry case.  Chances of getting into police force will be bleak if you get convicted, with conditional bail given to you what is status of dowry case ??

Anticipatory bails have these conditions.

Still an FIR not gone in court, Stay by high court under 482

What should I fill bound down? Yes or no

Sharma   24 March 2017

Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Bound down simply means " any warrent issued against you in any criminal proceeding"

What should I fill in bound down --- Yes or no?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2017

The whole query is off the track. There are other columns regarding pending case. These colums are sufficient to deny you the job.

Sharma   25 March 2017

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
The whole query is off the track. There are other columns regarding pending case. These colums are sufficient to deny you the job.

I asked about meaning of word bound down by any court of law and no body has given me its meaning. Should I fill yes or no it that column.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 March 2017

Police verification need not necessarily be for joining the police force. Mr.Sharma has not written that he is joining the police force. Police verification is done for joining Government jobs.Type 'bound down' under google and see. If you have signed a bond of service with another employer, that also is called bound down. Generally attestation forms are taken from the candidates at the time of joining without waiting for police verification. Police verification will come months later and the establishment has to decide what action to take.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 March 2017

I went through Google myself. "Bound down" is not an accepted legal terminology. People analyse the word through their knowledge of English language and give varied meanings according to their own. One says it is a translation from Hindi to English of the phrase bandh hua. It is also stated there, under the context, that there are judgements saying that a person cannot be discharged from Government service just for the reason that he was charged with 498A etc. etc. Mr.Sharma you say 'No' and contest, if necessary, in due course. Arm youself with the judgements. You cannot be discharged from service without serving you a show cause notice.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2017

I asked about meaning of word bound down by any court of law and no body has given me its meaning. Should I fill yes or no it that column.

You have to state truth in every column.

Sharma   25 March 2017

You have to state truth in every column.

Again you are not telling the meaning of the bound down by court of law.

If someone doesnt know meaning of the word, how can someone write truth?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 March 2017

Dear Mr. Sharma:

I have already advised you to enter 'No' against that question.

As you say 498A, your wife/ex-wife, her relatives or lawyer may be watching these conversations. I suspect they are giving you adverse advice here. So immediately quit this site. This is a public forum.

You boldly write "No" and go ahead. If you still want my objective advice as a real well wisher, send me a PM. Good luck

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2017

Yopu canot writ e"No" bail itself is bounding down.

You have to give details.  You cannot afford to give any reply which someone in the deptt has liberty to treat as misleading.

You are not apparently worried about mor edamaging colums of these forms.

There are other columns also in the said  form asking whether you are/had been on bail and any criminal case is pending.  You cannot afford to tell lie in that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register