Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Josh1576   30 August 2019

Can secretary or chairman of the housing society disconnect services without notice

Hello, One of my friend lives in rented house in one of the apartments. Housing Society chairman unnecessarily trying to trouble my friend by disconnecting some of the services such as garbage collection with a reason that the owner has not paid the maintenance. Where as my friend every month paying maintenance with the secretory with valid receipts. He as well as his owner tried talking to the secretory personally & over phone. Secretary seems under the influence of the chairman and not able to sort the issue out. What can my friend as a tenant do and if his owner can help him any way ? Pls advise.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 August 2019

Contact a local advocate and your friend can request for issuing a notice both to the Chairman and Secretary with all the copies of receipts showing no arrears for maintenance.  Let your friend file a complaint before District Consumer Forum for proper relief seeking compensation for deficiency of services and costs of complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register