LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajindia (owner)     13 May 2014

Can police file fir against govenrment agencies

Hello, I want to know whether police can file FIR against the government agencies such as state electricity board (for illegal disruption of electricity, etc.) , municipal corporation (not acting against encroachments, etc.) and BSNL (for erecting an illegal mobile phone tower on building without the permission of the residents) on the complaint of general public. I have filed complaints against these agencies in the past, but the police have failed to act arguing that these are government agencies and we cannot do anything against them. They actually advise me on almost every occasion that I should go to courts instead.

So I want to know if police stance is correct, or they can act against these entities if they want to or they are forbidden by law to act against such agencies.

Your valuable feedback will be of great help.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     13 May 2014

The police is right, there powers are limited in this regard, if you want to do some thing against the above said people and their subsequent actions,u can take up this matter to high court in the form of PIL.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2014

criminal case cannot be filed against a body corporate Govt or otherwise.  It is alwaya filed against a person to be described as _______________ s/o,d/o, w/o  _______________________ r/o _____________ age ________ community______

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register