Share on Email

Share More

lordofrings (-)     24 November 2016

Can perjury be filed by wife if husband was "forced" to lie

Situation - 

1. Wife left matrimonial home and went to parents place
  2. Wife filed 498a, DV - applications are full of blunt lies
  3. Wife then filed for maintenance under CRPC 125
  4. Meanwhile wife wrote letters and emails to my employer, stating that I am a criminal and I should be fired. She wrote to every possible person where I was working.
  5. The emails and letters kept coming continuously. I have copies of them.
  6. Due to this constant pressure at work, I resigned from the job.
  7. In my reply to CRPC 125, I wrote on affidavit that I lost my job because of my wife which is true.
  8. I also wrote that now I am jobless. But the fact is that I took up another job. I did not disclose my new job in the court because I know that wife will write letters and emails to my new job too. Her main intention is to harass me so that I give up and pay her a hefty permanent alimony (she had demanded 1cr initially, now she has come down to 50lacs).

Question - I know that I have lied on affidavit. But I lied because I was left with no other option. Now, can wife file perjury in future (if she finds out about my job), and will I be punished under perjury? What precautions should I take so that I avoid perjury on me?

Learning

6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     24 November 2016

Will fully know the fact of case you have given false information to the court. You will be punished for it.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 November 2016

For safe future you must give true facts before the court any wilful concealment of facts attracts perjury.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     25 November 2016

It is advisable to approch court with clean hands.

Legal (gd)     27 November 2016

U must bring facts with evidence what she did with u to the court.

lordofrings (-)     30 November 2016

Thank you for replying. Please advise what will be the punishment for perjury in matrimonial cases like crpc125? Will it be just monetary fine or can also be jail term?

vishnu (EE)     09 December 2016

I'm afraid perjury proccedings may be initiated against you in future for liying under oath. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register