Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir   20 December 2018

Can my father transfer house in assigned land to me?

Can my father transfer his assigned land to me? My father has a assigned Land (during 80s) of 200 Sq yds in which we have built a house(in 1995). Meanwhile he had bought a registered plot in same village in 1990. we buit a house in (2016). We are Two Brothers and one Sister all are married. Now my father wants to give these two houses to both of us me and my brother. The House in Registered Land (250 Sq Yds) to my Elder Brother and the house in Assigned Land is to me. Can He Transfer this assigned Land to me by registration(as there is a registration process in my Village sircilla through House number basis) . I am a Public Sector Employee. Can I get full rights without any complications. Can my father write a Will so that I will get the rights of it. So Kindly help me whether there would be any legal complications or will I get full and sole rights on this property or my siblings will or their children will have any rights in future. Pl help with your answer?

Learning

7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 December 2018

Your father can assign / transfer his owned property as per his wish. You can mutually decide about the transfer and get the gift deed executed. 

Shashi Dhara   20 December 2018

Yes Ur father can transfer his land thru gift or will or settlement deed. For this deed let Ur sister &brother shall sign as witness for future awareness .

Prince Matharu   20 December 2018

How to learn legaldrafting at time of juniorship?

Shashi Dhara   20 December 2018

If any new case comes Ur senior advocate will dictates u reduce it to writing.as days passes u learn to.draft

Prince Matharu   20 December 2018

thanx I will do as tell u!

Sudhir   20 December 2018

Sir, thank you very much for your early response and the Land  is an Assigned Land will there be any future complications? 

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     20 December 2018

yes but it depends upon terms of assignment in favour of your father. consult a lawyer with details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register