Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   14 June 2015

Can marriage under special act be done in 1 weeks time

Me and my best friend are planning to get married,

Though religion doesnt matter to us. one of us is Hindu and other one is a muslim.

We will get married under Special act. I am currently staying abroad.

I have few queries in my mind.

can my would be wife apply for registeration in my absence?

Can i get registeration and marriage done within a weeks time?By any means.

I mean if we pay extra money to advocates?or some other way...

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 June 2015

no thats not possible and during registration both the parties intending to marry must be present before the marriage officer

Ramesh   15 June 2015

What is the minimum duration of time possible for inter religion marriage.

actually my beloved's marriage has been fixed on 21st july.

Is it possible for us to get back within end of june by any means.Because she will be forced to leave mumbai for her marriage preparation.

I am in great tension, kindly suggest a way, by which we can go ahead and complete our marriage maximum by 30th june.

I will be indebted for life for your suggestion.

Your one suggestion can make or break our life...so please help

Ramesh   15 June 2015

I can be available in front of marriage officer on the day of registration of marriage, but special marriage act asks for 60 days time.that we dont have after applying for marrigae.

Is it any way, by paying money or any source we can complete this waiting time to one week or so.

Ramesh   15 June 2015

Thank you Saravanan sir...nanri

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 June 2015

actually my beloved's marriage has been fixed on 21st july. Is it possible for us to get back within end of june by any means.Because she will be forced to leave mumbai for her marriage preparation. I am in great tension, kindly suggest a way, by which we can go ahead and complete our marriage maximum by 30th june.

i dont understand the above words means she is supposed to marry another guy on july 21st and before month you want to marry her and she will go for another marriage preparation what is this normally after applying the marriage officer will take minimum 30 days for verification and notice period 30 days and he will fix the marriage date then i appreciate to involve elders and with there consent if you both marry then there wil be happy in future also

Ramesh   15 June 2015

Yes, her parents have arranged her marriage to someone else.

i have to marry her within 30th june 2015. can advocates at marriage office help it get it fast.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     16 June 2015

you have not mentioned who is hindu and muslim

one way and immediate marriage is both should be hindus or the other religion person has to convert to hindu and get married in Arya samaj and both should be majors means boy 21+ and girl 18+

in case of special marriage act no religion it is immaterlal

Court marriage as you call it is solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 all such marriages can take place between any two Indian citizens as well one Indian citizen with a foreigner irrespective of their religion, caste or creed. Such a marriage is solemnized before the marriage officer/registrar of the area (Sub registrar/SDM is the marriage officer/registrar only in case the already solemnized marriage under any other Act has to be registered) where both or any of the parties to such a marriage reside permanently or for at least one month. Cost of such a marriage is merely Rs. 90/- or as the rate prevalent in your area.

Both the parties to the marriage file a joint application before the marriage officer along with individual affidavit attested by notary public specifying the age(boy 21yrs &girl 18yrs), place of residence, marital status(unmarried or divorcee as the case maybe), mental status(not idiot or not with unfit mind), not related to each other. Along with this you have to give proof of age , proof of residence(Passport, ration card, voters id card, PAN card, rent agreement, even in your case hostel certificate stated period of your stay) & the application of such a marriage should be witnessed by 3 independent adult persons, affix one photograph of each of the parties & all the 3 witnesses. You have made such an application/notice to the marriage officer in person along with all the 3 witnesses. On receiving such an application the marriage officer issues a month notice regarding the intended marriage & get such a notice affixed on the notice board out side his office, a copy of such notice is sent to the marriage officer under whose jurisdiction the other party lives, also a copy is to the individual parties address. After expiry of the period of notice a date is fixed on which all the persons parties to the marriage & 3 witnesses appear again before the marriage officer who declare them married & issue a certificate

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     16 June 2015

Adv. mahesh has clearly mentioned all the available options for you. You need to decide further course of action.

By the way, are you planning to flee after marriage?? How would you convince both families after such court marriage??? If then, why can't you now????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register