LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin   20 November 2017

Can labour case be transfer from one city to another

Hello, I have a labour case in progress in pune court as the cause of action was in pune. I stay in Mumbai permanently and face issue in travelling from Mumbai to pune for every hearing. How do I get this labour court case transferred to Mumbai location? I see that case can be transferred from one civil court to another under section 22 and 33 of CPC. Are these sections applicable for labour case too? Note that the company I am fighting against is a big MNC with offices in every city.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 November 2017

Section 22 says that Where a suit may be instituted in any one of two or more Courts and is instituted in one of such Courts, any defendant, after notice to the other parties, may, at the earliest possible opportunity and in all cases where issues are settled at or before such settlement, apply to have the suit transferred to another Court, and the Court to which such application is made, after considering the objections of the other parties (if any), shall determine in which of the several Courts having jurisdiction the suit shall proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register