Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siva   30 April 2016

Can i withdraw ab without lawyer

Hello Experts,

My lawyer filed AB for me 6 months ago to a criminal case. The status of my AB is still PENDING, I have verified the status in online. But looks like my lawyer is not interested to proceed further and holding in the same status to extract money from me.

I am thinking to appoint new lawyer soon. Before that, Can I withdraw my AB application myself which is pending long time in the court? If possible, what is the procedure? What is the form name or number and where can I get that form? AB is pending in the HC, can I apply AB withdrawl in another district court?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 May 2016

But, the first advocate's NOC is required with new Vakalat.

Sidharth   01 May 2016

I never heard that NOC is required to change the lawyer.

Every party is free to appoint lawyer as per his/her own wish. 

Sidharth   01 May 2016

NOC is not required with new vakalatnama as every party is free to appoint any number of lawyers in his / her case. 

Sidharth   01 May 2016

Dear Mr Reddi

It's new thing for me. 

My experience:

I hired 3 different lawyers for my case. One separate lawyer for each matrimonial case. Then I came to know that my lawyer who was handling my DV Case was bribed by my wife. Then  I start appearing in person in two cases and for 498a I appointed one junior lawyer along with my self representation application. 

No one asked me for NOC. It is also true no lawyer returned my files but I took certified copy from court.

It's always nice discussing with you. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

You can inform the current lawyer that you are terminating his services for courtesy sake and may engage another lawyer who can just file a memo of appearance afresh for entering appearance for you in the application pending seeking AB. 

Before that confirm the reason that why is the AB application is pending  unnecessarily or whether the application is still alive or had been dismissed long back for not following it properly by the advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register