Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Davinder S (Marketing )     09 May 2012

Can i use other company's logo for presentation purpose?

Hey Guys,

I'm a little new to this forum. I have a question to ask:

We are an advertising company, inorder to reach out potential clients, can we use their logo/trademark in advance on images (outdoor hoarding pic, outdoor signs, etc) to convince them to buy our services?

I'll make it sound easy...for example - I have created a picture on photoshop with XYZ's logo on an outdoor sign in order to convince them (XYZ) of how EXACTLY their advertising sign could look like.

I will be puting a "NOTE" under the picture that "The logo used above is just for illustration purpose...to show how exactly the output of our services will look like" 

Are there any legal implications to it?

Thanks in advance. Hoping for a quick reply.

Learning

5 Replies

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     17 May 2012

Mr. Davinder,

This is absolutely trademark infringement and would be illegal to use without their permission.

Let me know, if there are any concerns.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Corporate, Commercial & IP Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services

Email: nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

www.iplexglobal.in

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     21 June 2012

I agree with Natrajan. This is total IP infringement. YOu should not use their trademark withoug their permission in writing. 

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     22 June 2012

Mr. Davinder,

Just putting a note will not justify you action.

It is clear case of infringement of TM.

Either you apply for your own trademark of have sign Mou with the Company of whos logo/TM you are using.

We will assist you in this issue.

For  more information contact us …..

Atul Suryavanshi

Managing Partner

JC Law Firm

Email: atul@jclawfirm.in

Mobile - 09923552956

(Guest)

Prior to using a Trade Mark already registered in someones name or in the name of company, NOC has to be sought and if they agree for usage the same can be used, else it amounts to infringement. Not only this, you will have to share the profit for using the Trade Mark with the company owning the Trade Mark registered in its name.

1 Like

Rakesh (Advocate)     05 July 2012

If the presentation is related to educational purposes than you can use the same

but i.e. related to Commercial purposes then its restricted and infringment of TM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register