Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deven (M.E)     06 April 2014

Can i reject divorce

Hii,

I am Deven Joshi, Me and my girlfriend got married in April, 2013. as she was not able to come out of her town 

for court marriage, I bribed lawyer and made marraige certificate from some village and she signed for that

marriage. after that we lived separately  with our family for one more year until her study was completed. then we 

eloped but were caught by my family and now neither mine nor her family wants us to stay together. her dad 

inquire about the certificate and found it to be febricated. Girl has not stayed with me even for a day as my wife,

neither we have had physical relations. They dont have any proof or photographs of us for this marriage. now if our families proceed for divorce can i reject it ? will this case hold water ?

Learning

11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 April 2014

marriage certificate issued by whom ? If it issued by sub-registrar office only it is valid. or any govt agency only valid.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 April 2014

Deven by which agency the marriage certificate is issued ? arya samaj mandir , sub-registrar office or by any other .... , if the marriage certificate is false and fabricated and there is no proof of solemnised of your marriage then no need to go for divorce or for nullifying your marriage, i suggest you always listen to your parents and don't go against their wish .

Deven (M.E)     23 June 2014

OK thank you for your reply. Marriage certificate is given by my lawyer and it states that we have had provided proofs that we Solamanized marriage at some place and we provided the proofs and we are registering for the same. But in actual we had not Solamanized our marriage even on our marriage certificate it's morphed photos of us looking together. In actual we did not perform any rituals neither we have had gone to place mentioned on the certificate neither we have photographs or videos or any documents supporting our ceremony . we have had not stayed together for even single day and neither we have consumate the marriage. So is it valid certificate? Can girl file any case based on this certificate?

OK thank you for your reply. Marriage certificate is given by my lawyer and it states that we have had provided proofs that we Solamanized marriage at some place and we provided the proofs and we are registering for the same. But in actual we had not Solamanized our marriage even on our marriage certificate it's morphed photos of us looking together. In actual we did not perform any rituals neither we have had gone to place mentioned on the certificate neither we have photographs or videos or any documents supporting our ceremony . we have had not stayed together for even single day and neither we have consumate the marriage. So is it valid certificate? Can girl file any case based on this certificate?

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     23 June 2014

This is funny Deven...Does your advocate holds a marriage license i.e. to conduct marriage and to issue marriage certificates...Please check the certificate, it states who had signed it and what is his designation and whether it is any association like Arya Samaj or Temple Committee or any other Religious Institution....

Your advocate would have given you the certificate but the person who had issued the certificate would be different, if i am not wrong....Please check once again...

Mango (Consultant)     24 June 2014

Deven - I see you behind the bar in a short while holding your fabricated marriage certificate in one hand and girlfriend photo on other hand. In legal term what you did is completely unethical and illegal. I hope you don't want to go behind the bar for seven years!

Deven (M.E)     24 June 2014

Yes certificate is signed by some gram panchayat or talati. Girl's Dad does not want to anything because it will defame her name also. But I m worried about future consequences. If in any case they file any sort of case on me in future or not

When girls dad inquired at place which is stated on certificate he found out that no ceremony took place there and then our families took advised from lawyer. Lawyer said that this marriage is not legal as no ceremony took place before issuing certificate and neither we have consummated. Right now both families don't want to go for any complaints. But I am little worried about future consequences that in future that girl or her family can file any case against me?

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     24 June 2014

I think you got an Notorised signed paper by yourself and that girl that you both marriaed. That is not legally valid and can be questioned, if one of the party is against the execution as it is obtained by compulsion or denied signature.

Yup I had purchased 20 rs stamp papers from post office and gave it to lawyer and then lawyer gave us some forms and nottary register which I took to her town and she gave her thumb stamp and sign. We did not solemanised any ceremony not even exchange garland, no photos no videos even witness went to lawyer's office later on and signed papers. And after 2-3 days I got certificate in which it was written that we had married at some temple and gave ample proofs and it had stamp of some gram panchayat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register