Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Officer)     26 July 2013

Can i now file tax evation petition against fil and mil?

Sirs,

My wife had made exorbitant false claims regarding the gold ornaments she brought with her on our marriage and submitted a petition u/s 7(1) of Family Courts Act (i.e. a suit or proceeding between the parties to a marriage with respect to the property of the parties or of either of them).

In the petition, she submitted that her parents had purchased 70 sovereigns (560grams) of gold ornaments which had a approx. cost of Rs.14 lakhs during the year 2010, the year of our marriage.

My wife’s parents’ only source of income at the time of our marriage was her father’s monthly pension of Rs.12000/- (as declared in a income certificate obtained from village office for securing admission of my wife’s higher studies in Govt. college)

1)      Can I now file a tax evasion petition (TEP) against my FIL and MIL, when the petition submitted by wife is pending before the family court?

2)      If my FIL and MIL had other sources of income which were not declared to get the false income certificate for securing admission of their daughter’s higher studies, what all legal proceedings can I initiate against them?

Please reply to my above queries……

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2013

you can file case of tax evasionagainst them but allegation against you regarding forcing a dowry beyond capacity may get strengthened

(Guest)

If once your FIL & MIL been screwed in TEP cross examination,then all false allegations will be dissolved.

Here you have wrong income statement of them

Here you have hiding of tax by them in that year 2010 i.e 14 lacs + other income bcz they have to show other than 14 lacs for their survival for basic needs like food,clothing,mscl exp. etc.

Buddy,here is the format of TEP application, go ahead.

Attached File : 320496501 31 31 tax evasion petition template.doc downloaded: 130 times

Raj Pratap (--)     30 November 2015

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
I don't agree because the dowry articles are way beyond their pension as said in the question. If they have not disclosed such  a huge purchases in IT return and if they don't have the original bills probably there is not harm in going ahead with TEP.
you can file case of tax evasionagainst them but allegation against you regarding forcing a dowry beyond capacity may get strengthened

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register