Can i make a compliant against CITI BANK?

supdt.

I had a City Bank Credit card during 98 and it was  closed during 2002.  in 1999, i booked two trains tickets from Delhi to Chennai for Rs.2500/-(approximately) and immediately it was cancelled.  However, the credit was not given back even when i closed the account.  Between 99 to 2002, I paid huge amount towards late payment fee,  etc.  Now, when i dig my old records,  I found  city bank issued a letter stating that whenever they get the credit, they will revert.  With that can I go for a  claim against City Bank ?

advocate

First you issue notice  to citi bank  if  bank not responed then  you consumer coplain against citi bank.

Total likes : 2 times

Adinath Sir is right...... u have to to go consumer forum in ur district

practicing advocate

Ur a consumer of the Citi Bank. Bank has failed to provide you necessary service. 

I agree with Adinath Sir,

Total likes : 1 times

Lawyer

....consumer litigation is fine....but there is one apprehension in my mind....as the guest said he found the letter from his own record....that means the letter was sent prior to the transaction, and the payments were made between 1999-2002, so now the limitation period of 2 years under the CPA, 1986 is gone.

is the complaint under CPA is maintainable now.

supdt.

Thanks a lot .  My querry is can it be maintainable under law of time limit or will it be against me?

supdt.

Sir,  I paid so much on  late payment fee and the  interest @36% for nearly 4 years for the amount which i am suppossed to get back .   But, now the question is is it tenable before law at this point of time i.e. after about 11years.  I solicit your valuable advice.

Advocate/ Senior Partner

Dear Mr. sankaran,

Mr. Kiran is right. Your claim is in all probability barred by limitation. The best solution for you is to issue a notice to Citi Bank and wait for their reply. It could be that your account must have been closed prior to they getting the credit from Railways and therefore the amount may be lying in suspense account. The lapse of time is against you. Your course of action can be decided only after receiving the bank's reply.

Thanks, Ramakrishnan, ADV

LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

Dear Author,

U should issue notice to bank first.

Advocate,Chennai

Dear Mr .Sankaran, Well, I have gone through your query and also appreciate the Learned brothers views on your matter.However, I am of the opinion that, the documents in your possession has to be thoroughly scrutininsed in order to ascertain whether you are entitled to any relief.Wish you all the best. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu