LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jaig   01 March 2015

Can i know if wife filed 498a or fir ?

Can the husband ask approach the police station to know if there is any FIR registered against him ?

Here is the context: My wife left my home following a dispute. After 3 months when I asked her to return, she sent me a letter describing my acts as mental cruelty, physical abuse, and unnatural demand by my family. None of this is true. She is also wanting "forgive my family" and wants to return if I send her money. Clearly she has accused me in ambiguous terms of both abuse / cruelty and dowry, and I believe she has also filed a case to use it against me in future if needed, but not taken any action yet as she also wants to return.

Is there a way to know if there is actually any case filed against me and my parents / sister ?

Learning

3 Replies

jaig   01 March 2015

probably I posted in wrong topic / section . postin gain in family section.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     01 March 2015

Dear, In 498A the women cell complaint is made initially and then only FIR is registered and the husband always get a call from women cell .... But yes if he is anticipating an Fir better for him to file an RTI and apply for anticipatory bail .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     01 March 2015

already replied .repeated query.

Thanks,

You can also opt for CLICK TO TALK option for more legal advice on mobile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register