LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravisingh (student)     11 December 2012

Can i get my share of property

my grandfather(nana) died a year ago .he didnt make will or not i dont know.he has two sons and one daughter .one of the son got divorcee before my grandfathers death but dies a year after his death.my grandmother i guess inhertted all the property and is not willing to give a share to my mother as she says we gave u a peice of land for marriage .what right does my mother have over the property and what right does the widow of my mama have .my father wants a divorcee now from my mother so how much right does my father have over the property of my mother or grnadmother or me   .and what about me and my wife .can i claim my grandmothers property or my mothers or my wife can claim ,becuase my mom likes my wife a lot.can my mom give all her property to y wife or my children if she gets it from my grnadmother ,without giving anything to me and what can i do if she does .

my grabdfather died(nana) was a citizen of india.he has two brothers and one daughter.one brother died after my anas death.now my grandmother got the property and she is also the citizen od canada and also were the two brothers , but my mother is a citizen of india .so will the disputes be setteled ny indian law or canadian law.the property was  given to my grandfather(nana) by his father so is the property ancestral

Learning

2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     11 December 2012

Your mother will get 1/4th share in property, which she can give to any one through will. You will be inherited with your child to this 1/4th share of property in case of absence of will and that too after her death.

Till she is alive, you have no right. Also in case of WILL, your fate depends on the WILL.

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

charuhasini (advocate)     11 December 2012

if it is an ancestral property and your grand father dies intestate ,your mother will have equal rights in the property along with her brothers and moher . now the property will be devided into 4 shares one is for your grnd mother, and remaining three shares will devided accordingly. and the one more question you asked that your mama got divorce before his death.if he has children they will get right over the share of their deceased father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register