Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghu (Freelance Software Consultant)     28 September 2011

Can i get gumasta license on my home address

Hi

I am a freelancer. Bigger companies asks for company name as they would not prefer to give payment in
individual's name. as a result I loose good opportunities.

I decided to open an Current Bank Account in Company Name. (propritership).   I thought it was a simple process, but bank says I need some proof of my business. Bank asked either I should have CST/VAT or Shop License (Gumasta License).    Bank officer suggested that you can get on your home address

Local BMC officer said 'No', and showed no interest in answering my question, nor was ready to give me application form. 

What do experts and law says? Can get license on my home address?, because I do not wish to have a shop on rent as its costly and of no use to me, because i am a individual and a freelancer.    I live in a Co.Op Housing Society which is a 30 yr old building and its not a commercial area.

Please Advice.

Learning

12 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 October 2011

FOR  Shop & Establishment license, you may submit the following :

1.  Undertaking that your flat is a residential self-occupied flat and that part of the flat would be used for Software Consultancy work, which will be conducted by the flat owner.

2.  NOC from your society,   Respective BMC forms, fees, etc....

It is better to contact a BMC liason agent, to get the above work done, instead of endlessly running around.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Raghu (Freelance Software Consultant)     03 November 2011

Information for New entrepreneurs:   You can open your company's current bank account (propritership) in an nationalize bank, They don;t have any hard rules and will open bank account.

This is help to get your business ON.  later when you grow you can have some proff of business and licenses that makes sence to your business.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Zubin Kapadia (Freelancer)     06 November 2011

Hi Raghu... I am a freelancer with the same problem. Are you sure that nationalised banks accept without gumasta? HDFC and Axis have already refused me, so I am curious. Regards, zubin

Raghu (Freelance Software Consultant)     07 November 2011

Yes.  Try Bank of India. 

Also send me your email address, if we are in same software field then may be we can be useful to each other.

Regards
mylovelyfriend@rediffmail.com

Mahesh D Gaonkar (Jr Visualizer)     20 June 2012

I am a freelancer. I am in leaving on rent. Can any nationalised banks open my Account without gumasta? I want Gumasta which procedure for gumasta Certificate. can u help me. pls give me your suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     20 June 2012

Keep smiling Mr agrawal has given proper suggestion. The liason person will get your work done but for a fee.

Alpana (Founder)     16 July 2014

How do we find "BMC liason " ? I need the similar thing to be done

sunny gajur (not yet)     30 March 2015

Dear Friends,

Can any one can help me how to Gumasta licence on my home address.

Sanjay Singhal (Advocate)     04 December 2015

A word of caution. My relatives went through a broker and he forged the bank challan. The municipality has filed a criminal case against my relative since the broker has nowhere signed the documents. obviously, he is missing. so please be cautious.

mohammad hanif mohammad salim   18 February 2016

hi sir,

we are starting a foundation which help the hospitalised people for hospital bill and education also but we dont have a gumasta so plz can you tell as what we have to do for gumasta as we have shop on rent on that only we can do.coz we have to open the account in bank with the name of our foundation so person of the bank had said first you have to apply PAN and GUMATSA and registered your foundation then you can open the account from the foundation.

please sir look after this as soon as possible give the answer of my question.

THANK YOU         

S R BALIGA (OEM)     21 March 2016

I am facing the same problem.

However I obtained an IEC Code ( import Export licence ) this is valid in HDFC Bank

I am now trying for Professional Tax Registration which is again valid in HDFC

Gumasta is tough and invites repeated visits etc.

sachin anant shelar   27 May 2017

Please let me know the sequence to start the shop. Gumasta have to be obtained first or to open current A/C in bank or  we have to own a shop first.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register