LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Patel   27 November 2018

Can i file for child access in DV court

My wife has filed a case of Domestic violence Act 2005 under section 12 in the year 2015. I am paying Rs 10,000 as maintaince as per court orders. My wife is not allowing to meet my son . since last 3 years i have not seen my son . can I file for child access in the DV court ?

Learning

5 Replies

shashiprakash (Advocat)     27 November 2018

yes you can file application for custody of child or acces to child in dv procedding.

Thankyou sir for the prompt reply one more thing sir can I file for the access in the same court where DV matter is going on or i have to file in Family court

Sachin (N.A)     27 November 2018

Originally posted by : Dinesh Patel
Thankyou sir for the prompt reply one more thing sir can I file for the access in the same court where DV matter is going on or i have to file in Family court

Best option is to move to family court, as in that court you have legal right to claim custody and visitation rights.

In DV act ONLY WOMEN can apply for visitation rights u/s 21: ( because aggrieved person is compalainat in DV Act )

Read section 21 carefully 

Section 21 in The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005

21. Custody orders.—Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Magistrate may, at any stage of hearing of the application for protection order or for any other relief under this Act grant temporary custody of any child or children to the aggrieved person or the person making an application on her behalf and specify, if necessary, the arrangements for visit of such child or children by the respondent: Provided that if the Magistrate is of the opinion that any visit of the respondent may be harmful to the interests of the child or children, the Magistrate shall refuse to allow such visit.

If you want to file APPLICATION OF VISITATION RIHGTS in DV Act. It is court discretion whether to allow you or not. There is no particular section for it . But if still you want to try you luck. I'm posting a link of judgement which may help you.

Sachin (N.A)     27 November 2018

There is some error in posting the link.

You may go to my profile, then clink on files.

You will get the judgment related to visitation rights in dv act

Ok Thank you Mr Sachin i will check the link in your profile

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register